Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Name Game



SUPERDOG!!!!!!!!
People often wonder how I got my name. Mom knows a song - "Everywhere I go - Oh, People want to know -oh, who I am, so I tell them..." So...here is the story of my name. I mean, frankly, I wouldn't pick it...I think I should be a "Killer" or "Bandit" or "Rocky" or something...but then again...it could be worse...there is a German Shephard next door named "Cinnamon"...ha! I could kick that dogs rear end with one paw tie behind my back. Oh, and a mean little Jack Russel named "Spot"...who has...you know, spots...I mean, could they BE any more obvious?? The point is, my name is Supe. Not Soup, like as in what you eat on a cold day or instead of a salad, but Supe--short for Superdog. When my mom and the guy formally known as dad got me they weren't looking for a dog. I kind of just showed up and wandered in one night before they had to go on a trip and they got stuck with me for the weekend (my secret was to pick two softies...they couldn't dump me on the street and the stupid SPCA didn't open til after they had to leave for their trip--HA...and she thinks just cuz she can't teach me to stop eating out of the trash I'm a DUMB dog). So--ROAD TRIP...and the two of them had to figure out what to call me. They were determined to not keep me, so they wanted something they wouldn't get attached to. They were meeting all their friends at the mall for their trip and as they were getting ready to leave a small car pulled up near them. Guess who got out? No don't...we don't have that kind of time, people...this is a short blog and you'll never guess. It was Superman!! No kidding...the tights and the underware on the outside and everything. So they looked at me and said "Superdog. That is just stupid enough for us to not get attached." Of course, they shortened it to Supe, cuz let's face it -- that is cuter and so am I and here I am...cute name, certainly NOT at the SPCA-a great place to find dogs...just not the place for me...cuz, well, I belong here--even if I don't have a cool name like "Brutus."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the guy formally known as "Dad" was on a business trip?